A lot of people get nervous whenever they hear, they are to perform in front of a large group of people or crowd.
This is not because they don’t know what to say or neither are they prepared but because they can’t face the crowd. Although sometimes it might be that they are not well prepared for that particular presentation.
Whatever the reasons might be, if you are willing to stop avoiding your fears and learn new skills to manage them, you would develop an empowering trust and belief in your self.
No one is perfect so, give up trying to be perfect and know that it is alright to make mistakes. Be yourself, be natural and be just the original you.
Here are some tips that can help you reduce stage fright;
1. Focus on your true purpose and try to shift your mind from your fears and most importantly you need to be yourself.
2. Always think positively and don’t scare yourself by thinking of what might go wrong, focus your mind on thoughts that are calming instead.
3. Relax and don’t think about thoughts that can create self doubt and low confidence in yourself.
4. You can practice some ways to make your mind calm and relax, such as deep breathing in and out, relaxation exercises, meditation and so on and so forth.
5. Prepare your material in advance, read it out, loud to yourself.
6. Try to familiarise yourself with people, make connections with people such as, through smiling, greeting people and also think of them as friends and not enemies, haters, competitors etc.
7. Stand or sit comfortably in a self-assured, confident posture. Remain warm and open and also look straight, avoid direct eye contact and stay focused.
Thank you for reading and I hope this seven tips on stage fright would help you through, in public speaking, during presentations, performing on stage etc. from medium to large crowd.