Moi moi is a delicious Nigerian food made majorly with beans.
1. 4 Cups washed and peeled beans
2. 3 Bell peppers (tatashe)
3. 2 Medium sized onions
4. Star cube seasoning
5. 1 Cup crayfish
6. 1 tsp Curry
7. I Tin tuna
8. 5 Eggs
9. 1Cup vegetable oil
10. 1 small clove of garlic
11. 1/2 Cup pepper
12. 1 Cup coconut milk
Process And Preparation:
1. Wash beans taking off all the skins and soak for about 2 hours.
2. Blend the beans. peppers, onions, crayfish to a smooth paste and pour in a sizeable bowl.
3. Add vegetable oil to the beans barter and mix until it incoporates together.
4. Blend ginger and sieve in the water.
5. Add all seasoning to taste.
6. Add the coconut milk.
7. Boil and peel of the eggs, cut into slices and add in the paste.
8. Scoop barter into bowl, foils nylon, leaves etc depending on your preferable cooking packs.
Note: Ensure to avoid filling your beans barta to the brim, always keep at least 1 inch space.
9. After filling the beans paste, drop gently into a pot of boiling water aligned with leaves to enable proper steaming.
You must know: Moi moi is cooked by steaming, so water should be added little at a time if necessary.
10. Cook for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve with oat porridge, garri, rice, custard or tea as desired.